This Christmas, we bought ourselves the Echo Show 15. At first, I didn’t think this was another product that we needed. We have a few Echo Shows already, why another? Well, this is is much bigger. Currently, we have it over my husband’s work station, here at the house. So personally, I am not able to use it as much as I want, but I am still reaping some of the benefits.
What I (we) use it for:
We can view our security cameras, add/remove items from the family shopping list, add sticky notes to other members in the house. Each person can have their own account and send messages to specific people. “Alexa, add a sticky note for ____” and she will ask what you want it to say. I have to say my favorite feature, right now, is when I am in the kitchen and I notice we are running low on something, I say “Alexa, add ____ to the shopping list” Within seconds, it has been added and is visible on the Show 15 immediately. Hands free grocery list. LOVE IT! My hands hurt enough as it is, any help I can get it greatly accepted.
When I walk up to the Show 15, it will change to my specific profile. My widgets and icons. I love the customization. Plus, it can display a slideshow of your selected photos.
AND you can stream your favorite movies and shows! It really is super cool. I have only just begun experiencing all of the awesome that this Echo Show 15 has to offer. I will post again, when I’ve had more time to see what all it can do.
Here is a video my husband, son and brother-in-law put together for their channel: Smarthome Riggs
Features (copied from Amazon):
- Alexa can show you even more – With a 15.6” Full HD (1080p) smart display and 5 MP camera, family organization and entertainment will look brilliant. You can choose portrait or landscape orientation.
- At-a-glance organization – Use Alexa-powered widgets to keep the family on track with shared calendars, personal sticky notes, to-do lists, shopping lists, and assigned reminders.
- Alexa can help feed the fam – Get daily recipe ideas, cook along hands-free with step-by-step instructions, add ingredients to your shopping cart, or simply order meal kits or takeout.
- Your smart home at your fingertips – Add your most-used smart devices to the home screen for quick access, and see all compatible devices together on one dashboard.
- So much entertainment – Catch up on your favorites with Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and more. Or stream radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks with Amazon Music, Spotify, and Audible.
- Your memories in full-screen – With the Photo Frame feature, you can use your Echo Show 15 to display your albums from Amazon Photos or Facebook.
- Your day, your way – Family members can create personal profiles and use visual ID and voice ID to see their specific appointments, reminders, recently played music, and more.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others. Built with multiple layers of privacy controls including a mic/camera off button and a built-in camera shutter.
To learn more about this product:
** I AM AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. THERE WILL BE LINKS THROUGHOUT THE BLOG THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO SPECIFIC PAGES OR PRODUCTS ON AMAZON. IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE, I MAY MAKE A LITTLE CHANGE FOR DIRECTING YOU THERE.