Update on my #Endometriosis ~

I last wrote about a month ago. It feels like so much has happened. Let’s catch up…

Waiting for results after my ultrasound

After my ultrasound at the end of July, my doctor and I decided it was time for another laparoscopy. The ultrasound did show that my endometriosis was back and that there were some ovarian cysts.

Since I can’t control pain in any other aspect of my life, I wanted to lessen something that could be helped.

This past Tuesday, I underwent my second Laparoscopy. I was very nervous on the days leading up to it, but we had to arrive at 5am the morning of and I was too busy getting ready to “panic” anymore.

My dear husband got up with me and drove. Waited in the parking lot to get the call that I was out. All I remember waking up is that I couldn’t wait to see my husband. I just feel at peace when I see his face.

So the day of the surgery, I guess I wasn’t feeling too much pain. Still had the good stuff wearing off. But I could not get comfortable. At all. I didn’t sleep much, just rested. The hydrocodone didn’t really seem to help much at all, which was a bummer.

The next morning/day was the worst. I was set in a specific position for the duration of my surgery. So that caused a horrific flare in my back and neck. It hurt so bad, hurt to breathe. Hurt to move, sneeze. It was awful. Ice needed to be applied off and on to the incision sites for the first 48 hours. And I’m glad I did. I would have been even worse.

Day 3 was better. I was able to get up and move around a bit more. And each day (4-6) since, I have been forcing myself to get up and move around. Water the plants. Try to do a little bit of laundry. Spent a little time with Skip, our backyard butterfly (Silver Spotted Skipper). I’ll definitely be posting more about this. I have made a friend and it’s quite funny.

I am anxious to get the stitches out on Tuesday for my follow up appointment. That is the most annoying. It is pulling my belly button and causing more unnecessary discomfort. But I can hang in there a couple more days.

The ugliest thing about it all is the bruising. Every time I get an IV, the bruising looks way worse than it feels.

I’m just happy to be on this side of it now and trying to rest as much as I can.

A BIG thank you to my husband and mom. My hubby for taking care of my and just being there. And to my mom for watching our son for two days, so we could focus on recovery. He was a handful during his stay. He was really into throwing his shirt and teddy bear up into the fan. Ahhh good times with a 7 year old. Anyway, I couldn’t have done it without out them!

So clearly, I am a bit behind on reviewing some awesome products. I will be catching up this week.

Stay tuned.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: