Gather your ingredients….
See directions below. * Hint: don’t put the mallow bits in the dough until it’s time to bake. Chill dough minus mallow bits.
When you scoop and form the balls, press desired amount of mallow bits into each cookie dough ball. It’s worth the extra work.
Recipe slightly revised from original recipe: https://www.lovefromtheoven.com/hot-chocolate-cookies
Hot Chocolate Cookies
1 c butter (2 sticks) softened
1 c sugar
2/3 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
4 packages or 3/4 c hot cocoa mix – (Hint from Original Recipe: NOT SUGAR FREE VERSIONS)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c chocolate chips
1 c Mallow Bits (Hint from original recipe: mini marshmallows do not work the same and can be a bit of a sticky mess)
1. Mix butter & sugars
2. Add eggs. Then vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl: combine dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Add to wet mixture.
5. Add chocolate chips
6. Cover & chill 30 mins
7. Preheat Oven to 350
8. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone or I used a non stick cookie sheet
9. Scoop tablespoon sized balls on to cookie sheet.
10. Press 4-7 mallow bits into cookie (you decide how much)
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
12. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
13. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; remove to wire racks and cool.