I received Splenda Naturals for free from Crowdtap for my review. All opinions and photos are my own.
SPLENDA Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend Tastes great as a sugar substitute. I made some sugar cutout cookies and swapped 1 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of SPLENDA Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend. I don’t feel as guilty giving my kid an extra cookie when I know there is less sugar than a traditional cookie. While they tasted ok, they were the best. I’ll keep trying to find ways to bake with Splenda.
1 C unsalted butter
1/2 Splenda Naturals
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tsps baking powder
3 Cs all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl, cream butter and Splenda until smooth,
3. Beat in extracts and egg.
4. In a separate bowl combine baking powder with flour.
5. Add gradually to cream mixture.
6. Separate into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. (Cut closer to 1/4 inch rather than 1/8).
7. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe Adapted from: http://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/best-sugar-cookie-recipe-ever/
Sugar Cookie Icing Recipe: http://www.veggiebalance.com/sugar-cookie-icing/