My three year old loves to help me bake in kitchen. So today, we decided to try some Pumpkin Bread. Perfect treat for a fall day. I looked through Pinterest and found a good recipe to use as a starting point.
The recipe I found made 2 loaves. Well, my hubby doesn’t like pumpkin so we just wanted to make one loaf. I didn’t want to have too much extra that would go to waste. So I took this recipe and cut it half. Used a little bit bigger pan so it would be a little more flat on top.
Gather your ingredients…
Mix dry ingredients in medium sized bowl. Set aside.
Mix butter and sugar in separate bowl.
Then, Add egg to butter and sugar.
Next, Add pumpkin.
Finally, Add flour mix to bowl.
Pour in pan.
Bake 325 degrees for 40-50 minutes. I checked around 40 minutes and put it in for another 7 minutes.
Allow to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Then, transfer to cooling rack.
Country Crock spread on top made it taste just a little bit better.
1 c all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 15-oz can 100% pure pumpkin
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Generously grease 8 x 4-inch or 9×5 loaf pan with butter and dust with flour
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined; set aside.
3. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar.
4. Add egg. Continue beating until fluffy, a few minutes.
5. Beat in the pumpkin (may be a bit grainy)
6. Add the flour and mix until combined.
7. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source and edited for my needs: (Recipe Cut in half)
Click here: Once Upon a Chef